Sunday, February 17, 2013

Slow and easy...

Hey Buddy,

Well here we are again, you and me, chillin' in the room together while you take a little napsky. It was recently brought to my attention that we haven't written you a note in a couple days so perhaps its time we catch up on some of the really exciting things that have been going on. It has been almost four days since your last note so there has got to be tons of great stuff to talk about.

About that.... Its actually been a pretty quiet week this week. Dr. Ilias has done a fantastic job of getting you back on track and moving forward again. You are starting back with your milkshakes, your sedation is coming down again, you are back to doing your physical therapy and occupational therapy, you are even in line to have someone come see you for some hearing aids. But as far as anything much actually happening this week, well, there hasn't been much to tell.

You have had some pretty quiet days and nights and the doctors have been cautiously optimistic that maybe they have gotten you over whatever hill you were fighting to climb the week before. We still don't have any clear picture of what was going on with you and your skyrocketing heart rate but whatever it was seems to either be gone or under control now. Mommy and I have a theory that you just wanted to send Dr. Ilias home with one less thing to worry about so you cleaned up your act for him. He has saved the day a few times so I think that is a pretty fair thing to do. How about a little less drama in the build up next time?

As part of your less angry state this week we have been introducing some new toys to your bed. You now have a glow worm courtesy of Grandma and a slew of other toys that you have been able to grab on to and even stick in your mouth. Who knew we would be so excited about you grabbing things and slobbering on them? Certainly not I, but according to your OT friend Julie that is a pretty big deal and you are doing a great job of it. So that means we are going to keep bringing in more toys and let you get a taste of all of them. (See what I did there?)

Mommy and I have been trying to get some of the the things floating around in the rest of our lives put into some kind of order so that when the day comes for you to get out of here we won't be scrambling. So that means we spent a little while away yesterday and this morning as we unpacked and repacked some of the stuff piled into boxes in Grandma and Grandpa's basement. We may seem like a completely disorganized mess right now but I promise we will get it together one of these days buddy. We finally have a bed for you to sleep in, we may have a line on a changing table too so that could be exciting I guess. Here again I ask "who knew....". Now we have to go through the stuff that we bought for the first 6 months of your life and rethink what we need and don't need because so much of that stuff just isn't going to fit or work anymore. Guess that means we are going to have to go back to those baby stores. All I can say is yikes.

But for now lets not worry about any of that stuff. Now you just sleep and keep on growing. The docs say that growing is the single best thing you can do for your health right now and I am proud to say you are back to doing that again. Hopefully no more hiccups and this time you can keep the weight you gain.

Mommy and daddy are so proud of you Connor. We probably say it a lot but we are amazed at how you seem to be able to just keep on going and fighting through just about anything. You are pretty tough if I do say so myself.

We love you Connor.

 - Daddy

No comments: