So this is a day late.... but welcome to the world son, we are so glad to finally have you here.
Your mom and I have been through a whirlwind of Dr.'s appointments and hospital stays the last several weeks to get us to yesterday, and to be honest, it came and it went and it lasted all of about 3 seconds, or 3 years, I can't quite decide which. But chronological abnormalities are not the focus here, you are, so back to you. Around 11 am yesterday you let the doctors know it was time to put the pieces in place to get you here safely, and boy did the pieces start to move quickly. Then, we waited, and waited, and waited a little more. I say "waited" but I'm sure the wording your mom would use to describe the next two hours would probably be more along the lines of "tried not to scream or throw things". There is a very good chance that your mom's description is more accurate but since she isn't writing today.... we'll say we waited.
Finally a little after 1 it got exciting and after 42 minutes of "exciting" you showed up and said hello to the doctors and I. I won't go into detail right now but I will tell you that your mom will forever be my hero for what she did to take care of you and give you all the best chances to be healthy yesterday. Then those wonderful doctors checked on you and made sure you were healthy then wrapped you up in a blanket and handed you to your mom so she could say her own little hello to you.
That is the by far the most amazing picture I have ever seen and lucky you, it was your first picture ever.
Shortly after that they took you over to Children's Hospital and got you settled, at least for a little while. Your Pappaw and Gigi came over with me to see you and you promptly sent me into shock with a little "respiratory episode" that I will NEVER forget. But again, the doctors and nurses were there to take care of you and you were quickly back to sleep and resting peacefully. You spent most of the remainder of the night sleeping quietly with your grandparents watching over you and telling you just how precious you really are.
And that is the short version of your welcome to the world. One of these days I promise we will talk about it more, when you are much older and your mother and I need to make you feel guilty for something. :)
- Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment