Hey Bubba,
So we have made it through another week and are settling in for the night to face the coming week. In the last seven days since our last note we have had a lot of stuff going on and have seen some pretty big things. It is kind of funny what is considered a big thing these days though. Big things don't necessarily have to be all that big relative to the rest of the world in order to have a BIG impact on you and your world.
Where shall we start? I guess we should probably start with easing the fears of your friends and fans who were left hanging off the cliff mommy signed off with last week. You pulled through your first cold (or at least we think it was your first cold) and are no worse off than when you got home. In fact, you may be better off because you know have a mommy and daddy who know that you can make it through a cold and a fever and barely blink an eye. We were worried for a few days and we discussed taking you to the hospital at least a dozen times in forty-eight hours, but the Tylenol worked and you showed us your strength yet again and we all made it through.
That was a week ago exactly. Since then you have been busy making progress in quite a few ways. Mommy mentioned last week that you have been doing a little moving and shaking and traveling around the house but this week you have been a traveling fool. You have been all over the house now, including the basement with daddy. You took another car ride and found yourself looking out the window at some of the neighborhoods of West Chester as your mommy and daddy tried to figure out where we will go when we are finally ready to move out of your Grandma and Grandpa's house. You really seemed to enjoy it for the first hour or so but after that I think you were ready for some home time and you let us know that.
You have also been working on your therapy a lot more, mostly thanks to your mommy and her skills. You have been sitting up more, you have been rolling over, you have been on your belly, you have been all over the place. Mommy is stretching you and pulling on you and even though you don't always like it the two of you seem to be making some big gains. I wish we could show all your fans a video of you rolling around on the floor because its pretty neat to see just how far you have come in the last week, and even more so in the last month or two. Before long you will be rolling around on your own, I just know it. And I can't forget you sitting up on your own, mommy propped you up in what her and your grandparents call a "pumpkin seat" (I have no idea what it is supposed to be called but I don't think its a pumpkin seat) and you were able to sit there all by yourself and play with your toys on your tray. It was pretty awesome.
What else? Well I have to mention something that I personally have been super excited about since the first time your mommy told me you were coming to see us. The only thing I was adamant about registering for when we went to our first baby store was a baby carrier that would allow me to strap you to my chest and walk around with you looking out at the world. Now after we started seeing some of the problems you were going to face and the tubes that were going to be required to fix those problems I was pretty worried we would never be able to use one of those carriers. But on Wednesday you will never guess what we did.... Oh yeah, we got you strapped to my chest, feeding bag and pump hooked on to my belt and we walked around the house. You loved it, I loved it, mommy loved it. I know that may not seem like a big deal to too many people but I can tell you it was a BIG DEAL to your daddy.
Another big deal that mommy touched on last week is your Ativan. It has been a week since your last dose and (please everyone reading this knock on wood with me here) you haven't seemed to notice at all that it is gone. Mommy and I were super nervous about that one but like you always do you surprised us and breezed through. Next we are hoping to get you off your clonodine patch and that will be the end of the sedative medication. Cross your fingers that your doctor will tell you this week that you can take off your last patch on Thursday.
Which brings me to the last thing of the day. Mommy and I are working to get things together so we can take you to your first doctor's appointment tomorrow. This will be your first of many follow ups as an out patient so both mommy and I want to make sure we are there and have everything ready. It may be nothing more than a doctor's appointment but for you, me, and mommy its a BIG THING. One more step, one more little thing that leads to big things. So here we go buddy, keep up the good work.
We are so proud of you every day Connor. Mommy and Daddy love you.
- Daddy
Some extras....
1 comment:
Looks like you're having a great time at home Connor and working hard! We're all so proud of you. xoxoxo
Post a Comment