Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gigi and the Deez....

Good Morning Bubsky,

Its been a while since I have written you a little note like this but sometimes I think that is just because you and I spend so much more time interacting that I don't feel like I need to type the words or the messages to make sure you some day get them. I know you don't know what all the words mean but I can tell you understand mommy and daddy sometimes, especially when we are trying to tell you something you don't really like and you look at us just long enough to let us know you are ignoring us. Oh yeah, we see it. But your mommy and I are going to try very hard to get back into the routine of writing you a little note at least a couple times a week. Its good for us, its enjoyed by all your many many fans, and hopefully one day it will be something you can enjoy too. I know that day may be a long ways off but maybe these stories will bring a smile to your face when you do finally read them.

So mommy told you all about our big move (which seems like an eternity ago now) and how well you did with all of that. Its still going well. You still seem to really like your new place and even though I think sometimes you miss the company of Grandma and Grandpa's house you seem to really be happy where you are. Maybe its the golf course you get to watch when mommy puts you in your seat or maybe its the fact that your mommy and daddy finally have some of their own stuff around them and feel a little more at home. Who knows, but like mommy said its great to finally get to start our own little journey as a family.

Mommy also told you that you had some special visitors coming to see you right after your move. She wasn't kidding. I know you remember your Gigi, the way I know that is by the look on your face when you saw her again for the first time in more than six months. She was there with you the first night after you were born and she held your little hands and made you toys and somehow I know that there is no way you will ever forget that. I know that your Gigi has been dying to see you for months now and I can't imagine how hard it has been on her to have to sit back and wait and live on pictures and short videos while you were out here growing up (well kind of). She is a tough lady your Gigi, she handled it like a champ.

But about a month before she got here she called your daddy and said "its time to see Connor". You see once you were born Gigi had a new favorite little boy in her life. She has a lot of them, your uncle Sebastian and I (although not quite so little any more) are up there toward the top but you and your step-cousins Michael and Jacob may have jumped up above us in the favorite boy category. Every little boy has a special place in his grandmother's heart and maybe it is just because of the way you came to all of us and the extra work your little heart had to do but I think you may have a bigger place in a few hearts. So the plans were made, the pieces put together, and your Gigi was coming to see you.

And you know what? This time she was bringing your Grandad Rooster. Now your grandad has been wanting to come meet you for quite some time now. And if it weren't for some heart problems of his own (he kicked their butt like you did) he would have been out here sooner, I'm sure of it. But sooner or later, he made his way out here and got to meet you for the first time. You will know him as Grandad, or maybe Grandad Rooster, but you will probably hear him called a lot of different names as well. You see after you daddy and your uncle Sebastian got to know your Grandad pretty well we started calling him by nicknames. I"m not really sure where they all came from but they all stuck, every one of them. The most recent was probably RDZ, and that has transitioned to "the deez" for some reason. Don't ask for an explanation because I don't think there is one. It makes your grandad smile and it makes us smile so we just go with it.

So you got a week full of hugs and kisses and pictures and cuddles and songs and stories that you hadn't had before. The last time your Gigi got to see you we were all still in the hospital and you weren't really able to be held much. Now its still not your favorite thing in the world but with some determination and a calm attitude we can hold you and cuddle you these days. You reserve most of that time for your mommy but you shared a good amount with your Gigi that week too. I think you too spent as much time cuddling in one week as you have with me since you were born. I'm not jealous though, I am just happy that you two got along so well and got to spend so much time together.

While your Gigi was here you ate dinner with us at the table almost every night, you went on field trips to the giant grocery store called Jungle Jim's, you went for a shopping trip and dinner at one of your Gigi's favorite Mexican restaurants, and you even got to go outside a few times as well. Gigi's next goal when she sees you is to get your little tootsie's in the grass. We were going to do it this trip but you weren't thrilled with life your last day and Gigi didn't want to push it. There is plenty of time for such things and I'm sure she will be back soon.

She said before she left that it had been too long and she needed more Connor in her life so she would be making more trips out here in the near future. She would have been out here more the last couple months but she used up all of her time off when you were born and when she saw you in December. Gigi spent a lot of time out here watching over you and your mommy and daddy and I don't know how we would have gotten through it all without her. For now lets just start counting the days until Gigi's next trip out this way, it will be here before you know it.

Keep up your smiles and chitter chatter little man, we will write you more soon.

Mommy and Daddy love you Connor.

 - Daddy


phone issues.... pictures to come

No comments: