Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A good day!

Hi Connor,

Mommy and daddy are very tired so this is going to be a short note but I didn't want you to think you we weren't thinking about you.  The past two days have been pretty good days for you so I wanted to make sure and celebrate them.  You spent most of the day yesterday with grandma (while mommy made super sure she was feeling 100%) and sounds like you had lots of fun.  Grandma helped you with your bath, calmed you through an ultrasound of your kidneys, watched your therapy and even got to snuggle with you a bit.  How awesome is that?  Mommy wishes she had been there to take your picture but if I know grandma there will be lots more snuggle time with you two.  I'm sure she spoiled you and didn't fill mommy and daddy in on all those details but that's what grandmas are for.  Thanks again grandma for babysitting. Yesterday evening was a quiet family night with the three of us and you were good for your nurse overnight.  Thanks buddy.

Today started off kind of busy for you and I but as we got all our work done early so we were able to relax most of the afternoon.  You even took a nap in the sunshine.  I'm pretty sure today was the first time you have felt sunshine on your skin because until we moved rooms the other day we haven't had a window where the sun wasn't blocked by the building.  You looked especially like a little angel resting in the sun.

Daddy came back early and hung out and then grandpa came to visit.  We asked grandpa if he would like to hold you and you'd have thought we offered him a million dollars.  It was pretty cool to watch you two together.  You were wide awake and hanging onto his every word (no matter how goofy they were).  You watched him the whole time and seemed pretty happy about the whole experience.  I have a feeling the two of you are going to be thick as thieves.
Then mommy and daddy went to leave for dinner at uncle Scooter and auntie Beth's house.........  This was not your proudest moment as you threw an epic fit.  It lasted every bit of an hour and a half.  We won't dwell on this little fit because it's the first of it's magnitude in a long time but I will say we could certainly do without those.  Thank goodness you have the best daddy in the whole world and he was able to get you settled down  and finally sound asleep.  You sure do love him.  Thanks to uncle Scooter and auntie Beth for being understanding and serving us dinner despite our tardiness.

The main facts of the past two days are that you have been happy, very active, fever free, and growing.  This means you are on track for your big day of Friday when you will get your nose fixed again and get your belly feeding tube.  I know these things don't sound fun but they get you one step closer to coming home with mommy and daddy.  We sure can't wait for that day.  For now sweet dreams little boy.  We know you have to be tired after today so rest well.

Mommy and daddy love you Connor.

-Mommy

1 comment:

steph402 said...

Keep it up connor! Love you little man.