Hello there little buddy,
Mommy and daddy realized as we were laying in bed last night that we didn't write you a note. Sorry but we decided not to get back up to write it so I'm writing you this morning. You and I just had a long play session and now you are napping pretty hard. You sure do love looking at the new mobile on your bed while you whirl your arms and legs around. Fun times for a little guy. I hope you get a good nap in so you are up for therapy and more play time later.
Just as you feel asleep the doctors came by and rounded. They didn't have much to say about you which is a good thing. They continue to decrease those medicines that keep you calm since you seem to be able to do that more on your own now. Great work little man. I'm not saying I blame you for throwing a fit here or there but it's certainly nice to see less and less of them. The doctors also upped what they call your "dosing weight." This means that you have gained weight and risen to the next level so when they add new medicines they have to use a bigger dose for them to work. This is a great thing because it means that not only have gained weight but you have maintained it. Awesome! We'll keep the milkshakes coming if you keep growing little guy.
You are still bothered by that gunk in your nose and the back of your throat but I'm sure I don't have to remind you of that. It's obvious you've gotten stronger because you can cough like a champ now it's just a matter of sucking it out of your mouth once you get it up. The doctors are trying a new medicine which has a fifty fifty shot at decreasing that gunk. The alternative to decreasing it is making it thicker which would be a problem so mommy and daddy are saying a few extra prayers that this medicine does the trick. To be honest I bet if we could get that pesky gunk under control we would be cruising through the next stages of your recovery.
For now we will just stay the course and work on our slow and steady progress. Keep up all the hard work you have been doing to heal and grow. Mommy and daddy are very impressed by you and your determination. Thanks for reminding us to be patient and have faith. You are truly an amazing miracle Connor. I feel very lucky to be your Mommy.
I love you,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment