Hi Connor,
There's no way to sugar coat yesterday, it was a bad day. Mommy had a weird feeling in the middle of the night that something was wrong but decided she was probably just worrying for nothing. Turns out mommy may have been onto something. When I walked into your room yesterday morning you just didn't look like yourself. I took off my coat and washed my hands like I always do. By the time I turned back around your color was pretty bad and your numbers were dropping. I quickly got your nurse and she started checking you out. You weren't upset but it looked like you maybe had gotten sick a little bit by the stuff you had in your mouth.
Before long you had a whole team of people in your room rushing around and checking you out. Your heart rate dropped for a minute and your oxygen got pretty low for a little bit. You gave mommy a good scare. Luckily you had all the right people around you and they were able to get things stabilized pretty quickly. Unfortunately that meant putting the CPAP mask back on you. As you all too well know, that thing is the pits. You fought hard for several hours against it, kicking your legs, turning your head and pulling on the mask with your hands even through your little mittens. Finally the doctors found the right amount of medicine to keep you calm and you were able to rest most of the evening.
The doctors think that you spit up some of your milkshake and it went into your lungs until you coughed it back up. The fancy word for this is aspiration. This means they have to do another study on your belly to see if they may need to modify your new feeding tube in order to keep this from happening again. Boo for more tests, boo for stopping your milkshakes, and boo for having to wear that crazy mask. I'm so sorry buddy. I hate to see you go through all of this. I know mommy and daddy feel like we took about 10 steps back yesterday so I can't imagine what you feel like. When you open your little eyes and glance at me that stare says it all. You are pretty ticked too. Please try and hang in there and get some rest the next day or two.
Hopefully today will be yet another fresh start in regaining some ground. You are resting peacefully now and we are waiting to hear what today's plan entails. Your Gigi came all the way from Texas to see you so that means you have a lot of playtime and love coming your way. Plus today is your Grandma's birthday so I'm sure she'll be by to see her favorite little man. Hopefully we can get that mask off so we can all check out that cute face of yours and get back to business. We are so proud of how well you are dealing with all these obstacles and how strong your will to fight is. You are amazing. Happy 3 month Birthday.
We love you Connor.
-Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment