Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The reason for the season


Hi little man,

It's hard to believe that Christmas is almost over already but then again it's kind of hard to believe Christmas ever began.  At first mommy was a little sad about what a different type of Christmas this year would be.  I missed the decorations, the baking, the shopping, the wrapping, the music and all the planning.  Now as the season has come and gone without doing most of those things I realize I needed a little lesson from Connor.  Although I do love all of those parts of Christmas they aren't what Christmas is truly about.  So I wanted to make sure and tell the real reason for the season.

Christmas is the holiday in which we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.  As you grow up mommy and daddy will tell you all the awesome details of his story.  When Jesus was born he wasn't born into the best conditions and certainly didn't have an easy path ahead of him but he went on to change the world forever.  Jesus brought peace to earth and his life brought thousands of people together.  He fought against the hardest of circumstances and prevailed.  This reminds me of another little boy I know and love.  So don't get me wrong you aren't Jesus but I believe if you keep following in his path you can't go wrong.  In fact he is with you every step of this journey and is the reason you have that amazing spirit inside of you.

So today as mommy sat in the hospital and thought about her Christmas she realized she didn't have anything to complain about.  Last night mommy and daddy were surrounded by family that love us and you very much.  We were able to laugh and smile while we told stories about you.  We showed off adorable pictures of you like all proud parents do.  Today we talked to all the family we couldn't be with in person while we watched you sleep like an angel.  Both mommy and daddy snuggled with you and we even got to put you in your Christmas outfit.  

Christmas isn't about the gifts or the fancy foods so although we were spoiled with some of that last night we were just as happy eating peanut butter and jelly tonight and sitting in a hospital room with the best present in the world.....you. Connor you are the biggest blessing I have ever received and I thank God everyday for letting me be your mommy.  Daddy and I love you more than words can say.  We are so thankful for how hard you have fought and how far you have come.  You have reminded us the real reason for the Christmas season.  We are especially thankful for the doctors, nurses and therapists who take care of you everyday.  We are thankful for all of our awesome family and friends that continue to support us in this journey.  We are very thankful for the thousands of people who don't know you but pray for you everyday  We are thankful for all the staff and volunteers at the Ronald McDonald house who have given us a place to live.  We are thankful to God for giving us strength, hope, and faith to face each day and most importantly for giving us you, our true Christmas miracle.

Cutest little Santa's helper ever.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

We love you Connor.  Hope you had a great first Christmas.  

-Mommy

No comments: