Connor,
Hey there little buddy. I know mommy wrote you a note this morning but I wanted to write you a little one tonight as well since we didn't get one to you yesterday. Like mommy said, she and I went out to meet some of our friends (and your biggest fans) yesterday so we could confirm that there is indeed life outside Children's Hospital. There were strange things out there, like cars, and rain, and puppy dogs. I don't know about that place.
But we are back today, here with you and having a party as always. Actually you have been sleeping the majority of the afternoon and evening. You had some therapy this morning that wore you out and then you crashed for many many hours. It wasn't until mommy and daddy decided to go to dinner that you woke up a little (funny how that sort of thing happens isn't it?) and decided to make a little bit of a mess on yourself. It wasn't terrible but it was kind of gross, what with gooey stuff coming out of both ends. I'll spare you the gory details but lets say it wasn't pretty.
However we got you all cleaned up and a little bit of medicine got you all calmed down and ready for a nap while mommy and daddy had some dinner. It wasn't long before you were back up and ready to go again though. We got back from dinner and found you wide awake and watching your mobile like it held the winning lottery numbers in its grasp. It didn't, but that didn't deter you. What did deter you however, was the gunky stuff that has been hanging out in the back of your throat and your nose. Seems like that stuff won't go away and it sure does make it difficult for you to do all this breathing on your own with it there all the time.
So your counter to that is to try and get rid of it, just like you are supposed to. You cough. The only problem is sometimes when you cough you get so worked up that you start squeezing your belly and coughing at the same time making you gag a little. Then comes the fireworks, almost literally. You have given new meaning to the term "snot rocket" the last few days, and ESPECIALLY today. Daddy had just finished wrapping you up for a nap when I heard you cough and I turned around just in time to see you shoot some stuff out your nose in a high arching line across your bed. If it weren't for the fact that you were quickly headed into a full on fit I would have stepped back and admired your form. That was indeed a good shot son.
But for the time being I think we should maybe leave that to the professionals, like athletes or old people. You don't need to be doing that and getting yourself all worked up no matter how cool it may seem right now. So if we can agree to no more snot rockets tonight then I think it is time to turn in and get some sleep. I am sure we will have some sort of adventures tomorrow but until then lets rest up. Sweet dreams little man.
We love you Connor.
- Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment