Hello there Connor,
So today was another big day for you. Today you experienced (granted I am using that term as loosely as possible seeing as you spent ninety-five percent of today snoozing) your first election day with all its pomp and circumstance. You went on another field trip to meet some new doctors. And above all you are beginning to find out what it is like to have two fully functional nasal passages. Those last two were connected of course, but they were a really big deal.
So today started with you and daddy hanging out for a little while with your little eyes open wide. That didn't last too long but I sure did enjoy it a lot. Your face is becoming so expressive these days, and you might be getting that from your daddy and your Gigi. I swear when I look at you these days I can see happiness or curiosity or even frustration flashing across your face as you try to do things. I don't mean the usual fussy face or passive face that you have had for weeks now either, these are real deal emotions running across those eyebrows.
You see we have a hard time keeping our thoughts to ourselves because our faces are almost always tied directly to our brains. Its like we have strings that pull our eyebrows or our lips or our noses or all of those things into a very clear picture of what our brain is thinking. Sometimes this is a really great thing, like when Gigi and I are talking to each other and aren't sure what to say, but sometimes it is a REALLY bad thing, like when Gigi and/or I hear or see something we don't like much. Just ask Gigi what she thinks about mayonnaise or ask me sometime what I think about boiled eggs. You won't have to wait for the words to come out of our mouths to know exactly how we feel about it.
I promise this ties back to you son... you see since you soared through your surgery today with flying colors you are going to be getting rid of that yucky breathing tube in your mouth soon. But before I get too far ahead of myself let me tell you about what you had to go through today. The anesthesia team took you down to the operating room and gave you a little sleepy medicine so you could relax while the doctors did a little work. While you were sleeping they took at look at your airway and made sure everything was where it should be and working like it should and you passed that one with flying colors. Then, they had to go into your little nose and clean out a little bit of extra bone and tissue to make plenty of room for you to be able to breathe easily through your left nostril. Once that was done they put a little tube in there so you would heal correctly and voila, you were back to your room and waiting on mommy and daddy.
Now lets finish talking about that breathing tube you dislike so much. And, as I'm sure you have noticed, that also means you will be getting rid of a lot of tape and other sticky stuff that covers about fifty percent of your face. Then we are really going to see what kind of faces you make and what you are thinking about this world around you.
And do you know what else you are going to be able to do? You are going to be able to make noises for the first time. I never thought in a million years that I would be looking forward to hearing you cry but it must be year one million and one because I cannot wait to hear your little voice, even if it is just to cry and scream and fuss. Your mommy and I have heard you over and over in our dreams so when we finally get to hear you in real life its going to be a pretty amazing thing.
There is one more thing that your mommy and I are pretty excited about after this surgery today. Now that surgery is over and your tube is going to be coming out soon mommy and daddy are going to be able to hold you more and more. We should be able to pick you up and cuddle you and not have to worry about having a room full of people being in there to help us do it. WE CANNOT WAIT. I promise buddy, its going to be great.
So you have done a lot of work today, and as far as I'm concerned you are the hardest working (little) man in America so you today you earned my vote. Connor for President. We may have to wait a few years before you are technically "eligible" but I am guessing you can get a lot of votes with just your good looks and charisma. So sleep tight and dream big dreams son. Congratulations on another great day and doing such a great job.
I love you Connor.
- Daddy
1 comment:
Connor, you definitely have my vote!
Post a Comment