Connor,
Well hello there little guy, don't worry I won't be too loud since you are finally sleeping some today. It has been one of those rather "active" days for you from what I understand and this may be the first time since last night that you are quiet and calm for any extended period of time. I don't want to jinx it but lets knock on wood just in case eh? No sense in getting you worked up, and the phrase "don't wake a sleeping baby" has never appeared to be more true than the last few days.
So for those reasons this may be a short one tonight. You are tired from a long day and mommy and daddy are tired from a long week and all three of us could use a short day and a long long night (of sleep). Today you started the day off with a little bit of a fit that mommy happened to walk right into. This was one of your trademark "wake the bleep up guys" moves and it worked like a charm. Mommy was wide awake and stressed before her first cup of coffee for the day. I wasn't here this morning but I could tell it had been a long one by the text I got from mommy about mid morning.
You calmed down for a bit after that thankfully. But then the doctors decided it was time for a field trip. The field trip was down to the radiology lab where a handful of technicians, one doctor, and a GIANT machine put a tube down your throat, through your stomach, and into your upper intestine. That sounds really terrible but all things considered this was a walk in the park compared to a lot of what you have had to go through. Come to find out this type of tube is called a OJ whereas the one you have always had before is an NG. Daddy isn't savvy enough in the medical world to know what the two mean other than this new one skips your stomach so we can get you some milkshakes again.
So we got back from your field trip and got you all settled and then you decided to make daddy's heart stop when you turned blue for a second and all but quit breathing. Thankfully Megan (surgery Megan) just happened to be walking in to say hi to us and helped me get you up and suctioned and back to the normal shade of pink we like. It didn't last long but it shook me up again. I know you like to have your fun, and I'm sure there is a good part of you that really enjoys getting to pull the strings every once and a while, but can we limit the assault on mommy and daddy's mental state to one a day? Please? I'll give you candy I swear....
But since then you have been tired and sleeping beautifully. You have one of your favorite nurses tonight and she is super excited to see you again so that makes mommy and daddy happy and it makes it way easier for us to go get some sleep too. Which is exactly what we are going to try and do now. I know its early, we are getting old you know. At this rate we are actually aging at double speed I think (thanks to you of course). But anyway, I'm starting to ramble, so good night little man, sweet dreams and sleep tight.
Mommy and daddy love you Connor.
- Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment