Sunday, November 4, 2012

Double Snuggles

Good evening little guy,

This was by far the best weekend we've had in a while.  In fact it has been the best I can remember since you've been alive.  Yesterday you were awake and happy more than you have been all week and for the first time since surgery we were allowed to hold you.  Mommy got to hold you not once but twice in one day (which has never happened).  Poor daddy didn't get so lucky yesterday and only had you for a few minutes before you made an impressive mess in your pants for which you insisted on being changed but made up for it today with a long happy snuggle.  Today you were out of bed and snuggled up twice for about an hour each time, once with mommy and once with daddy.  You sure do seem happy to be in mommy and daddy's arms and out of that bed.  Hang in there little man.  We are working hard to make sure you get more and more snuggle time. 
Not only were you awake during some snuggle time today but you were awake for the better part of the day.  As thrilled as mommy and daddy were to see you awake and happy I think there may have been two people happier than us.  Grandpa and Pappaw were both here today and very excited to have awake play time with you.  At one point you had Grandpa's hand on one side and Pappaw's hand on the other.  You seemed to really enjoy it as you looked around, moved your little arms and legs and listened to all the exciting stories they both had to tell you.  Grandpa brought you a special present today.  This is kind of a big deal because as you will learn your Grandpa isn't much of a shopper (that may be the understatement of the year).  But for you he went to the store and picked out a special car that talks and makes noise but is still soft so you can keep it in your bed.  As you grow up I imagine you will spend countless hours playing cars with Grandpa and someday help him work on the real cars.  If you haven't caught on cars is kind of your Grandpa's thing.  
I have to admit that as much as I enjoy watching your little face interact with your daddy, Grandpa and Pappaw I enjoy watching their reaction to you just as much.  Your daddy was so worried that if we had a little girl that she would have him wrapped around her finger.  We won't tell daddy but I'm pretty sure you've already done the same thing.  Mommy loves to watch daddy's eyes light up when you look at him and get that little smirk on your face.  She also loves when you make daddy laugh by stinking up the whole room or making funny faces.  It is amazing to watch the love he has for you pour out.  Your Pappaw and Grandpa are the same way.  They are both pretty loving guys already but to watch the level of love that you bring to their lives is pretty amazing.  I love to see them smile when they talk about you and brag about you to the nurses.  They are all so involved in your progress and care that it makes mommy proud of all the men in her life.  

Well son that's enough mushy stuff for now.  We'll get back to watching some football as you fall asleep all wrapped like a burrito.  Great work on today little buddy.  Mommy is so proud of how long you were awake, happy, playing, snuggling, and even laying on your right side without any sleepy juice or major fits.  I hope you sleep well and dream of playing with cars and snuggling.

I love you Connor,
Mommy



No comments: