Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lots of firsts.... (lots of pictures)

Hi little man,

The last 48 hours have been action packed for you and somehow they have really worn out mommy and daddy.  I can't promise that this will be the longest note but I wanted to make sure and document some important firsts over the past few days.  Most importantly this is the first time you have gone over 24 hours without that yucky breathing tube.  Now there's nothing to say we're out of the water yet but as of now you are trucking along on your own and keeping your numbers great.  The doctors are very pleased with your progress and they have started weaning down your oxygen.  Mommy and daddy couldn't be more happy or proud.  We know you don't like that oxygen in your nose but just know that it won't be there forever.  Keep doing the great job you're doing and before you know it you won't need it at all.

Yesterday you had another first which made mommy (the physical therapist) very happy.  You spent some time on your tummy and looked at the world from a different angle.  I can't say that you were thrilled about the new view but it was amazing how strong you are.  Immediately after the nurse flipped you over you reared up and almost rolled back over.  Mommy thought that was awesome but to be honest it made the nurse a little nervous.  I couldn't believe that you had any neck strength at all since you've never gotten to practice that.  Yet another example of you amazing everyone with your abilities.

Some other firsts that daddy mentioned yesterday were sucking on a pacifier and being able to be held up on mommy's shoulder.  Today some nice people at Children's made you a mobile above your bed and you seemed to really like looking at it.
They also taped black and white pictures on the side of your crib which you seemed to be mesmerized by.

 Last but not least you were able to sit in the bouncy seat that Elaine, Valerie and Leslie bought you for a gift.  Mommy and daddy have been excited to let you test it out since Grandpa put it together last week.  Although you're still kind of tiny for it I think you enjoyed your baby space ship ride.

So mommy doesn't have a lot of wise words for you tonight just lots of pictures and pride for her amazing son.  I love you more than ever and I can't wait for you to be able to more and more fun things in the weeks to come.  I hope all of this fun has worn you out so that you can get a great night sleep.  Sweet dreams of all the big plans we have together.

Mommy and daddy love you.

-Mommy

1 comment:

steph402 said...

Not surprised at all the amazing things Connor is accomplishing! Keep them up little one. Your cheering section is proud of you.