Hi Connor,
Mommy just wanted to write you a quick note and let you know that I'm still here. I know I haven't written a blog in a few days but as daddy so well described things have been a little crazy. Mommy does pretty well dealing with most situations in life but the one thing she has a hard time with is the unknown. Unfortunately that sums up the past few days so needless to say mommy has been a little frazzled. I will be honest in saying that I got especially worried when we heard about the pesky bug that set up camp in you little lungs and knocked you down a few pegs.
I think it's been extra hard for mommy because I promised you that your nose surgery would be a "walk in the park" and I feel pretty badly that things have been more complicated. Please don't be upset with mommy. I have been blindsided by these past few days just like the doctors and we're all very sorry we misled you. Luckily you are tough as nails and are already fighting through the bumps in the road to regain your ground. Although you're still as red as a little tomato (the cutest tomato I've ever seen) it's obvious that you are feeling much better already. Katherine smiled during rounds today and said the x-ray of your lungs looked "a million times better" with just one day of antibiotics. She actually showed mommy the x-rays from yesterday compared to today and it's nothing short of a miracle. Those tiny little lungs are pretty mighty. You have been awake for hours on end and happy almost the entire time which has been a great gift to mommy and daddy. Not to mention the fact that your monitors barely made a peep today which helps us all breath easier.
Now all we have to do is finishing healing up those little lungs and fine tune a few things in order to get that breathing tube out next week. Hopefully as that infection clears up and the little tube in your nose comes out your redness will decide to take a hike too. The past two days your room has been like an episode of one one of mommy and daddy's favorite shows, House. Each doctor proposes a theory and then the other doctors pick it apart. The doctor have even entertained several theories mommy and daddy have proposed but turns out we are not smarter than the doctors. Mommy told the doctors it was a competition to figure out the cause and they have tried pretty hard to win but so far no luck. Hopefully daddy is right and this is just a little trick you are playing on everyone.
You are sound asleep and daddy and I are going to watch a movie as we fall asleep too. Thanks for another good day in this crazy journey we're on. Thanks for your cute little red face and especially for those mighty little lungs of yours. Keep healing and growing little buddy.
I love you Connor,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment