Monday, November 19, 2012

Whooped...

Spunky Monkey,

That is your name today because you earned it. This is going to be a short one because your mommy and I are both worn out. Its been a long day for us both and you have added some of your spunk to it so that made it just a tad bit longer on top of the norm. But don't let me steer you too far in the direction of bad news because that is not what I'm here to talk about today. Lets get to the important things.
NO MORE TUBE!!!! Mommy and I were skeptical but the doctors were pretty sure they knew better than us. Turns out they were right. Dr. Nelson didn't hold back one bit either. He said get that tube out, skip the silly looking headgear from last time and go straight to the high flow nasal prong thing. So as soon as you got that tube out mommy got you out and it was cuddle time.

The bad news is that you have been fussy as fussy can be and that include flailing, crying (yep, you were crying), kicking, rolling around, setting off alarms, and all kinds of other fussy stuff. You got worked up before the tube came out, right after the tube came out, and then again later when we thought you were good and calm. But daddy found a little something something that helped out.
Do you know what that is? It is a pacifier with a stuffed animal attached to it and it is your new best friend. You apparently know what to do with such a thing because as you can see you latched on with fingers and lips. You attacked that thing with such ferocity that I think you made mommy cringe just a tad. But it helped, it calmed you down and kept you happy while daddy got to hold you a little bit so it is my new best friend too, well besides you and mommy of course.

So before my eye lids fail me and close out the loud world around us I have to show you one more picture, its our latest family photo and its the best one yet. Thank you for a great day today little man. It was fully of fussy, feisty, fiascoes but it was you and me and mommy and no more breathing tube.
Sweet dreams little man, get some rest because I'm sure there will be more playing and more holding tomorrow.

Mommy and Daddy love you Connor.

- Daddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been reading Connor's story, and I'm SO glad he finally got his tube out! I hope his little lungs continue to grow and work hard to keep him healing! Today I was finally able to figure out how to see the pictures on here because my work computer blocks them...and he is precious! What an adorable little guy you have! You two are wonderful parents and have been so very strong! I will continue praying for Connor (That's my son's name too!) and for both of you and your families. Know that God is there with his arms around all of you all of the time! I can't wait to read more great updates about Connor!