Thursday, October 18, 2012

A new Doc...

Connor,

Well its been another kind of quiet day. These days provide daddy with very little to work with when trying to write up his letter to you at night, but I think I will take that over appointments and scares every day of the week. So let me start by updating you on a few things that we left hanging yesterday.

You finally got your new tube in last night, and everything went very well with that procedure. The doctors were happy with how you did and how the tube is working now. So good work little man. The new tube is allowing you to lay on your sides without you getting too worked up or alarms going off every five minutes. I know you can hear those things too because every time they start to go off you flip your lid and the cycle begins. Luckily that has only happened a few times today.

The other big news for today was that mommy and daddy finally met your surgeon, Dr. Morales. He was very very nice to us and said he has been thinking about you a lot the last couple weeks. Believe it or not he is really excited to help you out. He said that you are one of a kind and he really likes to work with kids who are one of a kind because they make him think and work at his best level. So without even knowing it you are making one of the doctors here in the hospital a better doctor just by being you. That is quite an achievement. He also said that he is planning to get you in to see him the first part of next week, hopefully first thing Monday morning. That part makes mommy and daddy really happy because it means he will be working with a full weekend of rest under his belt. However, I think he will take good care of you no matter when he works on you, everyone says he is the best there is.

Shortly after Dr. Morales left your Gigi and Pappaw showed up to spend some time with you. You were actually awake and playing with them for a long time today too. I think they enjoyed it as much as you did, but based on this picture I can't tell which one of you was more surprised when you opened your little eyes this morning and Pappaw was talking to you.
I think maybe it was you, but Pappaw had quite a look on his face too. : ) After he played with you a while he took daddy downstairs for some lunch and we got to talk quite a while. It sure has been nice to have your Pappaw come up here so much, he has been pretty darn good at helping to keep you entertained and making sure daddy has some time to go sit and relax over a good meal.

While we were downstairs Gigi played with you for a while too, she said you were quite the little rascal when you weren't sleeping. I can't imagine what she means.... Then Grandma showed up and she and Gigi watched you so that mommy could visit with one of her good friends and daddy could get out of the hospital for a little while. They said you were awake for almost three hours and were playful and happy the whole time. I don't quite think there are words to express the kind of happy that Grandma and Gigi feel when you are awake and happy with them, its pretty special.

Your Grandma also made all of us dinner (you'll get yours in your milkshake I promise) and it was delicious. We had salad and fajitas and she even made cookies for dessert. It sure is a good thing that you have so many people out there who care enough about you to bring mommy and daddy dinner and snacks, we would be lost without them.

So now mommy and I are winding down for the night and watching you fuss a little as you fight going to sleep. You are quite the "buster" when you don't want to go to sleep. Hopefully we are all headed for another quiet night though, it sure is nice when we can get some sleep. Have some sweet dreams son, think of the fun times with Pappaw and Gigi and Grandma today.

I love you Connor.

- Daddy

No comments: