Hey there Connor -
Daddy's turn with the laptop before mommy and I scrunch into the tiny little bed that we are going to share here at the hospital with you. It has been another one of those long kind of days today like your mommy said, but I think maybe this was another one that was longer for mommy and I than it was for you. We knew that today was really the last day of testing for a while and that these tests were going to tell us some important stuff about how you are doing.
So like mommy said, you got to show off your eye balls today and they looked just as good to the doctor as they do to us. But before we were able to find that out we had to sit here in your room and wait, and wait, and wait, then we thought the doctors were here but we were wrong so we waited some more. Finally the doctors did show up and put some drops in your eyes but then they told us we had to wait a while before they could do all their tests. I would say that this waiting thing is "for the birds" but to be completely honest I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
But the doctors did come back, and they did give us some good news. With the scary news about your ears possibly having problems it was pretty amazing to find out that your eyes are doing so well. Selfishly your mommy and I were just thinking about us being able to look into your eyes and you looking back at us, but for you we want you to see the world, all of it. We both spend our spare time thinking about all the wonderful things we want to show you and all the even more wonderful things you are going to discover on your own. We are so excited for you to see it all.
For now though, we are thrilled to see those baby blues (that you get from your mommy) and know that they are looking back at us. Tonight when we finally had some time to play with you we saw you looking around for us. Your mommy says you only look for me but you and I know better. But we did snatch a quick photo of you while I was talking to you, its pretty darn cute.
I couldn't wait o send this one to your Gigi because I knew she was dying to get a picture of you today. She said she loved it, and so do mommy and I. We were both pretty overwhelmed with happiness to be able to see you do that. Your mommy is right, its pretty amazing how you some now manage to lift everyone around you up with something as small as a glance toward daddy's voice. So as they say, here's lookin at you kid.
I love you Connor.
- Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment