Connor -
Where to start... Mommy and I are beginning to realize that maybe our perception of things is a little different than those around us so lets set some of that straight. Mommy and I were pretty disappointed with how things turned out yesterday. We were so excited to see you without that breathing tube and all that tape on your face and when they told us that you had to go back on the tube we were crushed. It really made us feel like we were taking steps backwards after what had seemed like a day of progress. As it turns out, after talking to the doctors today, it is completely normal for someone as young as you to require a few attempts before getting this breathing thing down. The doctors were still very positive about how you are doing and reminded us that you are still pretty small and that for someone your age and size you are doing extremely well. There is nothing wrong with sleeping after all.
So with that perspective in mind, mommy and I are pretty happy to tell you that you had a good day today. At first we were a little worried about a small fever you popped up this morning and how lethargic you have been all day but in reality the fever just means your body is fighting when it thinks it needs to and your lethargic demeanor is just your body taking a day off after working so hard yesterday. As a matter of fact your doctor, Dr. Nelson (who is pretty darn smart about a LOT of things), told mommy and I that maybe we were the ones who needed to take a day or two and just relax a little bit. He told us you may be hanging around here for quite a while so we better gear up for a marathon and not a sprint. I told you he was pretty smart.
There is also another factor that mommy and I forgot to consider when we were watching you sleep all day today, and that is our tradition of "Lazy Sunday". Apparently that is something that can be inherited, who knew? But this Lazy Sunday thing is something that your mommy brought to my attention after we had been together for a while and it took me a little bit to get used to it but now I think I have the hang of it. Thankfully we won't have to teach you, you already know. What is even better for you is that you are being introduced to Lazy Sunday during the best time of the year, the fall when football is on for 11 hours straight. We watched mommy's Bengals (they had a rough day) and then while mommy napped we watched my Bears (they had a bit better day) and now we are watching the Chargers and Saints for a night cap.
So all in all I think we have to consider today a good day. You did some breathing on your own to practice and you got some rest from your big day yesterday AND we got to watch some football. Tomorrow you have a few little things on your busy agenda but nothing too crazy so hopefully we will have another easy day. And that is a good thing because your Pappaw is coming up to see you again and he is pretty excited for you to get to use those presents he brought you the other day. We will talk about those tomorrow after he comes up. But for now I think maybe I'm going to say good night and lay down with mommy for a little while before we try to get some sleep.
Good work today little buddy, you sure are doing a great job and we sure are proud of you.
I love you Connor.
- Daddy
1 comment:
Lots of insight here, Josh. Thank you for writing this as I don't know what would do if I couldn't read it! Love you all to the moon and back.
Post a Comment