Saturday, October 6, 2012

One less tube!

Hey there little buddy,

I just wanted to write you a quick note to say how proud I am of you.  You continue to be stronger then I can ever imagine.  This morning your doctors decided that for your one week birthday we would try and get rid of that yucky breathing tube.  Because you're a champ you have been breathing over the machine for the past few days so they didn't think you would have a problem without it and you didn't disappoint.

Despite the fact that you can't breath through the one side of your little nose you have been coughing and breathing on your own for the past half hour.  In fact you coughed so loud that your dad could hear you from outside the door :)  The doctors said we just have to watch that you don't get too tired or forget to breath (apparently they aren't aware of your super strength).

You still seem a little tired and not quite as ornery as the first few days but I would say that's understandable for what you've been through.  Hopefully this just puts you one step closer to being able to play and get rowdy again.


Hang in there little guy.  You have a lot of people praying and cheering for you.  At Saint John's church they said a mass for you this morning and Gigi tells us that even Joel Ostein talked about you today at his big church (we're not sure how he knows about you but it's pretty impressive).   Your daddy and I are hoping for a great day and maybe the three of us can watch some football like last Saturday about this time.

I'll talk to you more later but for now Mommy is going to go take a shower so that if we do get to hold you today I don't stink.

Love always,
Mommy

No comments: