Good morning beautiful boy (or should I say handsome),
Mommy just wanted to say hello and remind you how amazing you are. You had a pretty quiet night last night and hopefully got some good rest. You're new favorite game is to pee out your catheter and diaper making the whole bed wet. The nurses never seem to mind to cleaning it up and it makes mommy and daddy happy because it means your little kidneys are working.
As it turns out this morning has already started off busy. You had a little fever but your favorite medicine Tylenol is getting to work on that. The attending doctors switched today so we had some new faces during rounds. The new group of doctors seems to be super smart and I know they're going to take great care of you. Dr. Connor is one of the doctors back on this week so that's a good sign for you (but mommy already misses Dr. Nelson).
You have a few tests scheduled for today and looks like two field trips out of the room. Although it's quite a production to take you anywhere these days I bet you like the change of scenery. Don't be scared of the tests because I think they should all be pretty quick and not too bad for you. You seem a little more awake today which daddy and I are thrilled about but if you don't mind to be still for the tests that would be great because we don't want them to have to give you any more of that yucky sleep medicine.
After sleeping most of yesterday you decided at about 4 am that you were ready for a little party. It was perfect timing because mommy was up making you a milkshake and got to hang out with you for a while. You were moving your arms like crazy (maybe even doing a little Taebo) and rubbing your face. Your beautiful eyes were wide open and you were in full wiggle mode. It may have only been a 20 or 30 minute party but mommy sure was glad you invited her.
So hang in there strong little man. Today is just another step in the process to getting you better. I can only imagine how annoying this all is to you but I also know how incredible you are. Pappaw and Grandpa are both coming to visit you today so you have that to look forward to today. Thanks for making mommy and daddy smile so much this morning already. We love you more than you can imagine.
I love you Connor,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment