Good evening little buddy,
As daddy mentioned today was pretty uneventful for you and we're just fine with that. Mommy and daddy survived the weekly switching of attending doctors and I think you're going to like the one for this week. It's your first lady attending doctor and she seems very nice. Hopefully tomorrow we'll meet a very important doctor or at the very least get some information from him. He's the guy who's going to work on your little heart one of these days. It seems that everyone is getting a little frustrated with the waiting for your surgery but the good news is that everyone agrees your stable enough that it's not a rush. The way I see it you have a few more days to grow and heal while we wait.
Mommy had an especially good day today because she got to hold you for about a half an hour. I can tell you've already growing compared to last week. You snuggled right into mommy's arms and we even got to sit in the rocking chair this time. Mommy could have sat there rocking you all day and night, kissing your forehead and smelling your clean and wild hair. You were happy as could be until all of the sudden your little face got it's angry look and you started to set off a few of your alarms so the nurse made us get back in bed. Turns out you made a mess in your diaper and weren't too happy about it. You got yourself a little worked up and actually spit up for the first time but luckily the nurses checked your lungs and said there was nothing to worry about (just a little normal baby spit up). Unfortunately daddy didn't get a chance to hold you today but I promise mommy will try her best to give him a turn tomorrow. Your daddy was awfully nice to let mommy go first and snuggle with you.
Our good day continued with Grandma and Gigi visiting time. Both were here while mommy got to hold you and I think they enjoyed it almost as much as mommy. You stayed awake for a long time this afternoon playing with Grandma and then Gigi read you every book you have. During your play time with your grandma's mommy and daddy had some visitors of our own. First a visit from mommy and daddy's friend Megan (not your nurse Megan but another Megan that I know you'll like). She wasn't able to come back and see you yet but she can't wait to meet you. She brought mommy and daddy some tasty dessert that mommy ate about 5 servings of so get ready for a sugary milkshake buddy. She also brought you a cool book about animals and a picture frame. The evening continued with another visitor for mommy and daddy, our friend Julie. She brought some delicious dinner and made you a special blanket. We didn't get to use it today but I'll have to take of a picture with you in it tomorrow. It has monkey's on it and matches your stuffed animal Nelson. How appropriate. Julie loves monkeys and I think she wanted to make sure you like them too.
Now you're resting peacefully and mommy and daddy are going to try and get some rest too. Mommy and daddy have some business to take care of tomorrow while you're napping so let's hope for a quite night. I have to include one more picture for your fans to see because it's one of mommy's favorites. It shows off your wild hair after your bath last night plus your super cute face.
I love you sweet baby boy,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment