Monday, October 15, 2012

Hurry up and...

Connor -

Well this is going to be a bit of a short one today, but to be honest we are kind of in the mode of "no news is good news". Today has been another quiet day and you have been a pretty quiet little boy. The only real excitement for you today was a brief re-tape on your tube but even that was not something to raise your heart rate for. There was a little bit of fun for you today, but I think I'll let mommy tell you about that in just a little bit. :)

We did get to meet a new doctor today, her name is Catherine. Not "Dr. ....", but just Catherine. Daddy didn't know what to say because he felt like he should call her doctor but no one else was calling her doctor so I just tried to follow along and not sound too awkward. She was super nice though, the kind of doctor who talked to me like I was a fellow human being, not a patient (or patient's daddy). It was refreshing to talk to someone like that, we don't get that very often.

She started the day off by talking about you a little bit at rounds today and then saying that it was "about time we had a date/time for surgery" so that the three of us could start making plans. She told your mommy she would get on top of things and let us know when you are going to go get your little heart worked on. As it turns out though, our surgeon was in the operating room all day long and couldn't be reached but Catherine told us she would get on him first thing tomorrow and get us an answer. She told daddy today that she wanted to get things moving so we weren't spending Christmas here in the the CICU. That one made daddy smile.

So the gist of the entire day today, and the last four or five days really, is mommy and daddy and little Connor need to hurry up and wait around. Lots of waiting, lots and lots of waiting. But if it means you can keep playing with us and growing then you  know what, we are okay with it.

We have had some friends come by and bring us smiles and hugs and tasty treats but just like your surprise I'll let mommy talk about that in a bit. For now I think I am going to try and get some rest because mommy and I have a big day of stuff tomorrow and we need to be rested up. I hope you are having a good dream right now little man, and I hope you sleep well all night long.

I love you Connor.

- Daddy

No comments: