You have had another long day but I don't have to tell you that. The good news is you did well through both of your tests today and as of now you don't have any scheduled for tomorrow, thank goodness. Today had to be frustrating to you as you woke up from the medicines of yesterdays tests but couldn't yet move and were understandably frustrated.
It took some work and some more medicines but now you are sleeping peacefully and your numbers look much better. You also got a little boost in your tank today with some extra blood. Thank goodness since the doctors have taken so much from you it's only right they re-fill you. We did see one doctor today that said he doesn't need to follow you further, the eye doctor. He said from what he can see during his exam your little eyes are doing just what they should. Not to mention they are the most beautiful blue eyes ever (if he didn't say that exactly I'm sure he was thinking it).
Before you settled in for the night you had a little play time with daddy, mommy, and grandma. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more but I'm pretty sure it was us. I swear you were smiling as you realized you were able to move again and could stay awake to hear your daddy's voice (your favorite sound in the world.) That half hour of seeing you moving your little legs, clenching your fists, and looking around all bright eyed somehow undid all the worry and stress of the past 24 hours. Thank goodness you're back to yourself. You are pretty amazing little man and you have quite the personality already. I don't think I can explain to you what joy you bring to your daddy and mommy.
I thought I'd tell you tonight about how you got your name. Until about a month before you arrived your daddy and I didn't officially know you were a little boy. Although a lot of people guessed you were a girl we knew in our hearts from early on that we were having a son. Your daddy and I came up with about 4 of our favorite little boy names and had decided we would have to meet you before we decided but that last week we became more and more drawn to one name.
Your daddy would talk to my belly a lot those last few weeks and there was one name that made you dance more than the others.... Connor. Then we looked up the meaning of Connor and found out that it means "strong-willed." I don't think I could think of a better word to describe you. Next it was time for your middle name. As a mom I said it had to be a name I could yell when you got in trouble (not that you plan on that ever happening I'm sure). It also had to have meaning to your daddy and I. That's where Michael came from. You may know him as Pappaw right now but his name is Michael. He is a very special guy to your dad and I and we couldn't be happier to have you share his name. The name Michael means "gift from God." So to say that your name describes you is an understatement.
You are absolutely our strong willed gift from God. I thank you for your amazing ability to recharge my heart when things are tough. In five days you have taught me more about life than I feel like I'll ever be able to teach you. Keep up your super hero fight my little man. I am so proud of you.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment