Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome back...

Connor -

Well its been what you might call a quiet day today. Not only did you not have any crazy tests or pictures but mommy and daddy only had one or two meetings with the doctors today. They are all really happy with you and how you are doing these days. Your numbers are good, you are looking better again, and you are quite the wiggler when mommy and the nurses let you out of your burrito.

As mommy said earlier, I got to go out for the first time in two weeks. It was tough to walk out of the room and even more difficult to get in the car and leave the parking garage. Mommy told me it would be weird to go outside and feel the fresh air and see the world outside going along just like it always did. She was right. Even though we have been in some kind of time warp these last few weeks the rest of the world outside has been going on just like it always has. Apparently they didn't get the memo about you little man, they just don't know the world now revolves around you. Don't worry, they'll figure it out one of these days.

So while I was out and about I got a haircut and took a real shower for the first time in what has seemed like forever. I also go to go the the gym for the first time in two weeks. Lets just say that daddy isn't quite as strong as he was when you got here, but he is going to try to keep up as best he can. There were a few other things I had to deal with while I was out, there are some people who are trying to keep your daddy down but don't you worry, that isn't happening. Then I stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house and talked to Grandpa for a while. And you know who else was there and can't wait to see you? Ollie and Lexi were awfully excited and were sniffing everything that I had that had come in contact with you. I'm pretty sure if they could talk they would have told me that it was time they got to meet you too!!!

Then it was back to the hospital to see mommy and my little hero. We got to hang out and play for a little while but then it was off again for daddy, this time to the airport. While I was driving there mommy sent me a message about you causing a ruckus and got everyone all worked up. I was worried at first but then she told me that your heart rate monitor had gone crazy because you were making a mess in your diaper and all over your bed. Apparently you were pretty upset about it. But mommy and your awesome nurse Sue got you all cleaned up and you were right as rain. Looking a bit conspicuous though....

And guess who was waiting at the airport and dancing around because she was so happy to get to see you.... that's right, it was Gigi. She has been dying to see her little buddy and didn't even want to eat dinner before she got back to your crib and got to hold your hand. Your Gigi sure does love you buddy. She is going to be spending some time here with you these next few weeks so get ready for plenty of play time.

But for now its bed time. Mommy and I are watching a rerun of Friends and cuddling on the little couch in your room and you are passed the bleep out (finally). So sleep well beautiful boy, sweet dreams.

I love you Connor.

- Daddy

No comments: