Monday, October 8, 2012

The Underdog...

Connor -

Finally what I will call a GOOD DAY! Mommy and I will agree with the doctors and the nurses and tell you that today was a good day for you big guy. So lets start from the beginning. The doctors started their rounds early this morning and caught mommy and I off guard. So with sleep in our eyes we met your new doctors for this week and listened to the things they had to say about you. It was a short talk today and even though your buddy Ben (the fellow) was still there your other favorite guy Dr. Nelson wasn't around to keep his eyes on you. Because of this mommy and I had an idea...
These two guys are with you all the time now, the bigger one showed up the same day you did and was a gift from your Pappaw and the smaller guy is a present from your Grandma for your 1 week birthday. And, because we always want you to know that your two favorite doctors are here with you we named your bear Ben and your monkey Nelson. That way you never have to worry about them being too far away. 

Shortly after rounds were over they started prepping you for your field trip of the day. You had some big plans for the day and they were going to need a team of 5 people to travel around with you and keep up with all your wants and needs. They didn't seem to mind too much though, they said you were all smiles and as well behaved as any little boy they have ever worked with. First they took you for a quick CT scan of your little nose and your ears and then they wheeled you down to the PICC lab so you could get a new line in your shoulder and get say goodbye to the two coming out of your belly button. 

Since you were going to be gone for such a long time today mommy decided to take Dr. Nelson's advice and head home for a few hours so she could clean up and pack up some things to bring back down here for she and I to have. You should know that she wasn't a big fan of leaving and having to be away from her little boy but she did and I am super proud of her for that. I believe it takes more strength to be away than it does to be here, and mommy showed her strength today. While you were gone on your little journey your Pappaw took me down to the cafeteria for some lunch and he and I got to talk about all the news we have gotten about you in the last few days. He is doing everything he can to stay caught up with you and your little body, its pretty amazing to see if you ask me. Pappaw sure does love you.

As timing would have it you and mommy got back around the same time, which was great because you were wide awake and playing like a wild man. Your little eyes were wide open and looking all over the room and your hands were flailing all over the place like you were dancing. I know its not supposed to be happening yet but I swear you were smiling at mommy and I when we were playing with you. After a little play time the doctors came in to take a few more pictures of your heart so that they can have all the information they need to talk with the surgeons tomorrow. 

All of those pictures are going to be a big deal tomorrow too, because those surgeons are going to make a decision about how they want to proceed with your heart. Hopefully by lunch time tomorrow mommy and I will be able to talk to you about what they are going to do and when. Until then we will be talking to God about it and asking that he keeps holding you tight like he has since the day you were conceived. 

The evening was brightened up when your Uncle Scooter and Auntie (maybe? maybe not? the jury is still out here) Beth came in with some fresh dinner they made for mommy and daddy. It was awfully nice of them and it was tasty too. I can't wait for you to get to meet them because they are a lot of fun and I think they are going to be super happy to spoil their nephew. 

Since they left you have been pretty zonked. But this is the most active you have been since we met you and you have another big day tomorrow. You get to find out whats coming and you get to meet your Uncle Jeff (he may not be blood but you will always know him as Uncle because he is like a brother to your daddy) and go for a little swim with him. He is excited to meet you too, he is driving all the way up from Bowling Green. So keep sleeping soundly all wrapped up in your blankets, you deserve it for sure. 

I love you Connor.

- Daddy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Baby Connor, you don't know me, but I am a friend of Mommy and Daddy. Your uncle Jeff and I (and Kya and Koda) have been fervently praying for you sweet prince. We have not met you, but you have brought great joy to our lives and you have been a testament of how wonderful God truly is! Your Uncle jeff and I talk about you every day and are blessed by your strength. We will continue to pray the prayer of faith as we have done so every day since you have been born:

"O God, we give you thanks for the life of Connor. To whom all things grow, and by whom they are strengthened when grown, stretch forth Thy hand upon Thy servant who is sick at a tender age: that recovering the vigor of health, he may arrive at the fullness of years and we shall give Thee all the glory and praise.

Lord Jesus I lift up precious Connor to You. Heavenly Father you allowed this precious child life. You are doctors of all doctors-the Great Physician. I pray that you extend Your Almighty hand over Connor and heal him Lord. I also pray that you give Nikki and Josh strength and place comfort and peace in their hearts. In Jesus Most Precious and Holy Name I pray." Amen

Unknown said...

TONS of thoughts and prayers from the Baughman's! Cole and Maya can not wait to play with you Connor :)

Unknown said...

TONS of thoughts and prayers from the Baughman's! Cole and Maya can not wait to play with you Connor :)