Hello son. Its been another one of those long days, the kind that make it hard to find the energy to breathe at night, but I know I don't have to tell you that, you are doing all the hard work. Not every day is going to be easy though, some even harder than the hard ones, but we can do it as long as we hold on to each other. You, me, and mommy, all holding on to each other.
So I'll tell you a few things about the day we have had together. You woke up with Gigi and I again, after what was a long and restless night. You weren't very happy about the nurses bundling your arms up and you sure told them about it every chance you got. After about four o'clock this morning the doctors decided you needed some help sleeping to get ready for your big day today and gave you a little medicine to help out. That did the trick, and you were resting well after that.
It wasn't long after we got up and moving that mommy showed up with Grandma and we began the parade of doctors again. They were asking questions and talking about your latest pictures with mommy and I while Grandma and Gigi kept you entertained. Then the doctors told us it was time for you to go get some really clear pictures taken of your little organs so they came up to get you ready. There was a really nice guy with a funny accent who helped you take a nice long nap so the picture machine wouldn't bother you with all its noise. He said you did great and he was really impressed with you. Go figure right? Way to go kid.
While you were away for your pictures a few more of your doctors came in to talk to mommy and I. They didn't have the best news for us but they told us that you were a fighter and that we should just keep holding on to you as tight as we can. After that mommy and I walked down to ask for a little help from someone even stronger than we are. We went down to the chapel, holding on to each other tight, to ask God for his help to hold us all together. Even though you all haven't been formally introduced (your uncle Jeff will be up here next week for that) I know you know who God is, he was the one holding you in his hands while you were coming out of mommy's belly and into this world. His hands are even more powerful than daddy's and they are even more comforting than mommy's, and any time you need anything at all he is a good person to talk to because he always knows best.
Shortly after we got back you came back up to us and the nurses told us it was dinner time. AND GUESS WHAT? Tonight was your first night to have some of mommy's milk in your dinner.
You were a little sleepy but you seemed to be pretty happy about it. I'm sure this is just the first of many but so far so good little guy. After dinner your mommy and I got to spend our first family night together with you. We have been taking turns writing you notes and telling you stories about each other, or your grandparents, or even your great grandparents for that matter. I told you about your Mammaw and her 80th birthday coming up and how all she wants for her 80th birthday is you, then mommy read you a story from one of your new books. This one was from aunt Alisa and it was pretty awesome, I mean who can't love a book called "I love you stinky face"? That is literary genius and I'm pretty sure you thought so too based on the look on your face as mommy ready it. Then we started singing you songs, some as simple as "twinkle, twinkle" and then some others from our favorite times with our mommies and daddies. It has been a pretty awesome family night.
So today may not have been a very good day for your mommy and I but as you tend to do, you brightened it all up with our family night. That beautiful little face of yours made our day better as we read stories and listened to songs. You managed to pull off another little miracle and make a bad day good all on your own. You never cease to amaze me son, and you are still so young.
I love you Connor,
- Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment