Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gigi's love...

Hey there Connor -

You are downstairs getting some pictures taken right now and your mommy and I are up in your room waiting on you to get back. Its amazing how much we already miss you when you aren't here. You'll be back soon though, and it will be cuddle time for you and mommy because the doctors said she can hold you today. You have no idea how much of a treat you are in for when mommy holds you, it feels like magic. But I won't ruin the surprise, you get to experience that one for the first time all by yourself.

I do have some sad news for you buddy, and I hate to give sad news, especially to the people I love. I promise its not all sad though, so keep on reading and you will get to the good parts. Today your Gigi had to go home to Texas. I know buddy, I know, it made me cry too. But she will be back, and you will go see her when you are all good and ready I promise. It won't be long. And she will be right here with you every second of every day. You can close your eyes and just feel her fingers there in your hand or see her wonderful smile as she bends down to kiss your forehead. Just try it, close your eyes and think the word "Gigi" and you can see her and hear her and feel her touch on your skin. I know you can, because I can do it too and if you need help I will always be here to show you how.

I want to tell you a few things about you and your Gigi. First, she loves you more than anything in the world, and that says a lot because until you came around I think your uncle Sebastian and I may have been at the top of that list by ourselves (I am pretty sure I can speak for him when I say we gladly welcome you to the top). She loves you so much that when your mommy and daddy had to go to the hospital to get ready for you she helped us move all our stuff out here to Ohio. Then, that same day, I called her and I told her you were coming early and she jumped in her car so she could come see you. She didn't hesitate one second and she dropped everything in her life to be here for you. What is even more, she did it without your mommy or I even having to ask, she just left and showed up here.

Next, you should know how much your Gigi loves playing with you. You haven't been around all that long yet son, but from the minute she was allowed to get close to you she was holding your hand and tickling your feet. Before I even knew what to do she had already made you toys out of gauze pads and tape and believe it or not you were actually playing with them right off the bat. She must have just had that special Gigi power to know what you needed, she kind of does that. She played with you every second she was allowed and you made her happy, as happy as I have seen her in a long long time. It was like you two were just meant for each other.

Lastly, you should know that just about every picture I have taken of you, and most of them in your life so far, are because of your Gigi. She wants so badly to be able to see you that she has made me promise that every day I will take pictures and send them to her. I didn't realize how wonderful those pictures would be but I am so glad that she made me promise to do that. She is certainly a smart one that Gigi.

So remember son, there are going to be times when you don't know what you need, and don't know who to ask, but your Gigi will be there. There is nothing in this world that she wouldn't do or give for you, and because she has those magical Gigi powers she will sometimes know when you need her even before you do. She may tell you that she needs to know what you want or you need but I promise you Connor, your Gigi already knows because she is special that way and it is her magical power.

I will talk to you again later tonight son, but before I go lets say this one together ok.....

Thank you Gigi, we love you so so much.

Thank you Connor, I love you.

- Daddy

No comments: