Today has been another good day for you and for mommy and daddy. You got lots of rest and finally, FINALLY, decided to be awake and playful for your uncle Scooter and auntie Beth. You only had one crazy flip out moment, and you moved for the first time. Your mommy and I got some much needed paperwork finished, got some much needed rest, and then had a much needed dinner out. Like I said, it was a good day for us all.
So this morning your mommy came and got me from the sleeping room and I took over a little after 7 so she could go get some more sleep while I sat with you a while. While we were sitting there together you got a little feisty so I decided to read you some of my current book out loud to see if it would calm you down. You either really like the sound of daddy's voice or really can't stand the writing of Dan Brown because Digital Fortress put you to sleep quicker than your giraffe and his play time music. After a little while mommy got up and we had some breakfast together and got our day started.
While mommy went to get a shower you and I turned on the Texas game. Even though you cheered along with me we had to sit and watch as our longhorns got pummeled by those ridiculous sooners in their ugly maroon uniforms. Let me tell you son, that is a bad day for every person from Texas and even though you weren't born in Texas you were conceived there so that counts. Right after mommy got back daddy went to take his shower and your uncle Scooter and auntie Beth stopped by. When I got back from my shower they were trying their best to get you to wake up and play but you were having no part of it. You gave them a couple looks that could have scared off a New York City mugger and they started to give it up.
Shortly after that we were informed that it was time for you to make your first move. It must be in your blood just like it is in your Pappaw's blood and your daddy's blood, because when we started talking about moving you started to perk up. We moved all of mommy and daddy's stuff first (and I have to admit here that I had NO IDEA how much crap we could so quickly accumulate in such a small room) and then we started to get you ready. Then it was go time. We moved down the hall about fifty yards and through two doorways but for you it was like changing zip codes. You were not just awake, you were super excited and ready for some play time. You played with uncle Scooter and auntie Beth for a long time before they finally had to get going.
But shortly after that it was time to get ready to support your other favorite team, the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.
You were geared up and ready to go. We watched the first half of that game together and you and your mommy had a blast playing together while we watched. I think she enjoyed talking to you about football more than she enjoyed the first half of the game.
Then your Grandma and your Gigi showed up so that mommy and I could go out for our big date. We got kind of cleaned up and put on some real clothes (not the fake ones that don't match and always seem to look wrinkled in the hospital) and kissed you goodbye. You were in good hands though, Grandma sat with you the entire time we were gone and made sure the nurses did a good job when they taped that tube back up to your mouth. I'm sure you don't have any idea why they would have to do something like that right? Right? Didn't think so. Well either way they did a good job and after that you chilled out and were ready for some nap time.
Your mommy and I went out to a really fancy place with great food and a lot of ambiance... Well that might be a bit of a stretch but compared to the Children's Hospital cafeteria it did at least have some atmosphere. Rusty Bucket is a place that your daddy used to visit all the time when he worked here in Cincinnati before and even though he didn't like it much at the time he had been missing it. So your mommy was kind enough to indulge me and we ate some fried pickles and other great (but not so great for us) food. We weren't gone too long, but it was a nice dinner for the two of us and it kept us a bit grounded into the reality outside of the hospital.
So now we sit together and try to get used to your new room and our little bit of extra space. This room is kind of an upgrade because it is larger and has a rocking chair for mommy and daddy. The only complaint we have is the couch chair we sleep on can't see all your monitors so we have to get up from our night time naps if we hear your monitor beeping. Mommy and daddy in distress.... I know, pretty sad huh? We will make due.
I hope you get some good rest tonight little man, thank you for another great day.
I love you Connor.
- Daddy
1 comment:
YES! Loving the hat!
Post a Comment